Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/23 22:28:30 UTC

Storing Java classes in a Derby DB

Hi, would it be possible to store compiled Java classes as BLOBs in a
Derby DB, in a way where a web service or application can pull the
classes out as if from a jar?
I know this isn't the proper place to ask about implementation of
this, but are there any obvious restrictions in Derby that would make
this infeasible?

Thanks!

Re: Can derby split log files

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
Pertti Ylijukuri <pe...@gmail.com> writes:

> Can derby split log files to several files after previous log file is too
> large like derby.log derby.log.1 derby.log.2

You can roll your output stream which does that or something else, cf
the Derby properties derby.stream.error.method or
derby.stream.error.field.

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/tuning/rtunproper33027.html
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/tuning/rtunproper35028.html

Dag

Can derby split log files

Posted by Pertti Ylijukuri <pe...@gmail.com>.
Can derby split log files to several files after previous log file is too
large like derby.log derby.log.1 derby.log.2
or is it possible to use log4j in derby?

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Francois Orsini <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikael <mi...@telia.com>.
Derby does not care what you store in it, as long as you have a class loader
that can get the classes out of Derby it will work just fine.