Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrew Hughes - LISAsoft <ah...@lisasoft.com.au> on 2003/05/26 07:42:59 UTC

ClassLoader Issues: ServletContext method undefined....

Greetings,

I'm running both tomcat v4.0.4 and 4.1.24. Both of them have now an
error when I try and execute a servlet I have written. I have not
changed any of the lib files but I am now unexplainably receiving the
following exception from tomcat.

/The method getInitParameter(String) is undefined for the type ServletContext/

The API says it has such a method, however it is obviouly loading another package/class or not loading the "servlet.jar" package at all.

If anyone has any knowledge of why this may have happened and how to fix it I would love to know.

Cheers!