Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Jochen Kemnade <ke...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/22 21:52:30 UTC

[SUCCESS] Drop support for Java 5 in Tapestry 5.4 (2nd attempt)

Binding votes:

Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1
Massimo Lusetti: +0
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1
Ulrich Stärk: +0
Andreas Andreou: +1

Non-binding votes:

Kalle Korhonen: +1
Andreas Ernst: +1
Lance Semmens: +0
Bob Harner: +1
Kristian Mairnkovic: +1
Jochen Kemnade: +1

I'll make some changes tomorrow if nobody else does before me.
I'll probably also add @Overrides all over the place so those don't
sneak in gradually and pollute other commits.
Do we want to remove things like JDKUtils completely?

Jochen

Re: [SUCCESS] Drop support for Java 5 in Tapestry 5.4 (2nd attempt)

Posted by Jochen Kemnade <jo...@eddyson.de>.
Hi,

Am 22.05.2014 21:52, schrieb Jochen Kemnade:
> Do we want to remove things like JDKUtils completely?

We could also use it to refuse startup on Java 1.5 altogether. I think
that's better than failing with an UnsupportedClassVersionError later on.

Jochen