Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org> on 2006/03/28 23:33:31 UTC

release 0.1

I'm currently planning to make a 0.1 release of Hadoop this Friday.

The bugs that we plan to fix by then are just those targetted for 0.1.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?pid=12310240&fixfor=12310812

I'll also test to make sure that Nutch works in both standalone and
distributed operation on both Windows and Linux before we make the release.

Doug

Re: release 0.1

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Doug Cutting wrote:
> The bugs that we plan to fix by then are just those targetted for 0.1.
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?pid=12310240&fixfor=12310812

That link was broken.  Let me try again:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310240&fixfor=12310812

If that doesn't work, just visit
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP and click the "0.1" link.

Doug

Re: release 0.1

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
Konstantin Shvachko wrote:
> Just one thing. Let's do it as Doug proposed earlier
> hadoop dfs -check

The reason I put it under a different command is that it has more
options than any other command in DFSShell, and adding all of them to
the synopsis would hurt eyes, the synopsis is already too long as it is.

> This is a good piece of code, but too far from what the real
> fsck should do to deserve the name :-)
> I mean sooner or later somebody will write a real fsck, and we will have
> to call it something else.

I realize this is less than what a real fsck should be, but at the
moment it's the closest thing we have. And SVN allows one to rename
things...

If other people also feel it should be renamed, I can do it, no problem.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: release 0.1

Posted by emanihc <em...@gmail.com>.
Great! Thanks for your reply :)

Re: release 0.1

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

Re: release 0.1

Posted by emanihc <em...@gmail.com>.

Re: release 0.1

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

RE: release 0.1

Posted by Yoram Arnon <ya...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Just one thing. Let's do it as Doug proposed earlier
hadoop dfs -check
This is a good piece of code, but too far from what the real
fsck should do to deserve the name :-)
I mean sooner or later somebody will write a real fsck, and we will have
to call it something else.
--Konst

Re: release 0.1

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.