Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by henry human <he...@yahoo.de> on 2008/02/24 12:45:40 UTC

Use Queue as buffer for large amount of data

Hi,
We are working on a project. One idea for data
exchange (zip archives) between a client application
with the server (both of them are web services )was to
do it through a active message queue.
A problem what i think about is the performance of
whole application. What happen when the data saved in
queue will be greater than few MBs?  Other issue is
the queue is actually not intended to be used in this
way. Better is to use a databases based solution?
?
Thanks

      Machen Sie Yahoo! zu Ihrer Startseite. Los geht's:
http://de.yahoo.com/set

Re: Use Queue as buffer for large amount of data

Posted by henry human <he...@yahoo.de>.
Thanks Marco,
Surely with the Blob-messages I have a way to avoid
directly using the queue as Data store component. In
my case the data is not sensitive and
is no need of them after reading from queue.
Are there any other reasons to avoid save data to a
queue?

Thanks

--- Marco Buss <ma...@gmx.de> schrieb:

> henry human schrieb:
> > Hi,
> > We are working on a project. One idea for data
> > exchange (zip archives) between a client
> application
> > with the server (both of them are web services
> )was to
> > do it through a active message queue.
> > A problem what i think about is the performance of
> > whole application. What happen when the data saved
> in
> > queue will be greater than few MBs?  Other issue
> is
> > the queue is actually not intended to be used in
> this
> > way. Better is to use a databases based solution?
> > ?
> > Thanks
> >

> >       Machen Sie Yahoo! zu Ihrer Startseite. Los
> geht's:
> > http://de.yahoo.com/set
> >
> Hi,
>
> You can use blob messages
> (http://activemq.apache.org/blob-messages.html) to
> exchange data.
> The problem with Blob-messages ist that the file
> itself is not delivered
> in the message. The file will be uploaded to a
> repository and the
> message only knows where the file ist saved an gets
> it by his own.
> At this time only a HTTP repository is supportet and
> the files will
> never be deleted when the message is delivered.

      Lesen Sie Ihre E-Mails auf dem Handy.
www.yahoo.de/go

Re: Use Queue as buffer for large amount of data

Posted by Marco Buss <ma...@gmx.de>.