Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2012/12/09 08:17:59 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Kalumet 0.6-incubating release

Hi all,

This is a call for a vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache
Kalumet 0.6-incubating. This will be our first release. A vote was held
on the developer mailing list and passed with 7 +1s:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-kalumet-dev/201212.mbox/%3C50BEF976.5010407@nanthrax.net%3E

+1 (binding): Andreas Pieber, Michael Van Geertruy, Ioannis Canellos,
Jamie Goodyear, Achim Nierbeck

+1 (mentor/IPMC): Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Olivier Lamy

We need an additional IPMC vote.

Release Notes:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kalumet/tags/kalumet-0.6-incubating/RELEASE-NOTES

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekalumet-114/

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

This vote will be open for 72 hours.

Thanks,
Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

[CANCEL][VOTE] Apache Kalumet 0.6-incubating release

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Regarding Seb update about LICENSE and NOTICE file, I cancel this vote
to fix that.

I will resubmit a release to vote soon.

Thanks all for your vote.

Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kalumet 0.6-incubating release

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Understood Seb,

I will cancel the release to fix it and respin a new one.

Thanks a lot.

Regards
JB

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Seb,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12 December 2012 06:21, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't get you for the NOTICE:
> 1/ the date is the date of the NOTICE creation, so the entry of Kalumet in
> the incubator

But the notice is about copyright, not creation data.

> 2/ slf4j is used in Kalumet, that's why it's in the NOTICE

The NOTICE is only to be used for software that is actually shipped
with the Kalumet archives to which the notice applies.
Not for dependencies that are downloaded later or assumed to be provided.

> For the LICENSE, it's the LICENSE file (provided by the ASF) of Kalumet
> itself.
> AFAIR, it's the purpose of the NOTICE to inform about the license of the
> included project, the LICENSE file is the license of the project itself.

No.

The NOTICE file is for *required* notices only, and must relate to the
software included in that archive.
The LICENSE file must contain the licenses for all software included
with the archives, starting with the AL.

> Not sure to understand you remarks.
>
> Regards
> JB
>

> On 12/11/2012 10:11 PM, sebb wrote:
>>
>> On 9 December 2012 07:17, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> This is a call for a vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache
>>> Kalumet 0.6-incubating. This will be our first release. A vote was held
>>> on the developer mailing list and passed with 7 +1s:
>>>

>>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-kalumet-dev/201212.mbox/%3C50BEF976.5010407@nanthrax.net%3E
>>>
>>> +1 (binding): Andreas Pieber, Michael Van Geertruy, Ioannis Canellos,
>>> Jamie
>>> Goodyear, Achim Nierbeck
>>>
>>> +1 (mentor/IPMC): Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Olivier Lamy
>>>
>>> We need an additional IPMC vote.
>>>
>>> Release Notes:
>>>
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kalumet/tags/kalumet-0.6-incubating/RELEASE-NOTES
>>

>> The NOTICE file looks wrong; it does not follow the standard format
>> and contains spurious headings.
>>

>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kalumet/tags/kalumet-0.6-incubating/NOTICE
>>
>> It should only contain required notices for software that is actually
>> included in the release archive.
>>
>> Also the date is wrong.
>>
>> Likewise the LICENSE file.
>> If slf4j is actually included, its license must be in the corresponding
>> LICENSE.
>>
>>> Staging repository:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekalumet-114/
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.