Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@norsys.fr> on 2005/10/21 11:39:34 UTC

HTTPS and repository access

Hi,
I would like to use a remote repository that is served by an HTTPS
server requiring client certificate authentication. Moreover, I want to
use the same certificate (ie. pkcs12 file) I use in firefox.
pkcs12 files can be used as truststore and keystore (?) but I do not
know how to tell to maven/httpclient to use client authentication. Here
is a sample of the command line I tried and the error I got :

$> maven -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/home/myhome/cert.p12
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStoreType=pkcs12
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=xxxxxxx  site:generate

  __  __
|  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0.2

Attempting to download myproj-0.1.jar.
Error retrieving artifact from
[https://srv/maven/norsys/jars/myproj-0.1.jar]:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
find valid certification path to requested target
WARNING: Failed to download myproj-0.1.jar.
The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependency:

myproj-0.1.jar

Total time: 2 seconds
Finished at: Fri Oct 21 11:37:54 CEST 2005

thanks

--
Arnaud Bailly - Ingénieur de Recherche
NORSYS