Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Harish Krishnan <ha...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/07 07:24:06 UTC

Unable to run Oozie 3.3

When I ran oozie_run command, I get the following error.

log4j:ERROR A "org.apache.hadoop.log.metrics.EventCounter" object is not
assignable to a "org.apache.log4j.Appender" variable.
log4j:ERROR The class "org.apache.log4j.Appender" was loaded by
log4j:ERROR [WebappClassLoader
  context: /oozie
  delegate: false
  repositories:
    /WEB-INF/classes/
----------> Parent Classloader:
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader@5801319c
] whereas object of type
log4j:ERROR "org.apache.hadoop.log.metrics.EventCounter" was loaded by
[org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader@5801319c].
log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "EventCounter".
log4j:ERROR A "org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender" object is not assignable
to a "org.apache.log4j.Appender" variable.
log4j:ERROR The class "org.apache.log4j.Appender" was loaded by
log4j:ERROR [org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader@5801319c]
whereas object of type
log4j:ERROR "org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender" was loaded by
[WebappClassLoader
  context: /oozie
  delegate: false
  repositories:
    /WEB-INF/classes/
----------> Parent Classloader:
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader@5801319c
].
log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "console".
[...]

ERROR: Oozie could not be started

*REASON: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/security/krb5/KrbException*

Any idea where I can find this jar?
Also, I see scores of log4j errors as well.

Thanks & Regards,
Harish.T.K

Re: Unable to run Oozie 3.3

Posted by Harish Krishnan <ha...@gmail.com>.
Updated all the required jars to latest version and I dont see the 'ibm'
package required exception any more. I observed that inside
hadoop-core-1.0.0 jar, under the Security package, I see the kb5 Classes. I
dont understand why it threw NoClassdefFoundError.

Thanks & Regards,
Harish.T.K

Re: Unable to run Oozie 3.3

Posted by Harish Krishnan <ha...@gmail.com>.