Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Rainer Schwarze <rs...@admadic.de> on 2006/09/29 00:51:15 UTC

Re: How to modify the header and footer of word document using poi-hwpf

At 23:40 25.09.2006, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>I want to know how to modify the header and footer of the word document using
>POI-HWPF.
>Which class or method will help in achieving this task.
>
>Thanks in Advance
>Satheesh

As far as I can see, its not yet supported in HWPF. The library needs
to be extended to handle the header and footer information in order
to access the data stored there. Without that one can only access the
main content.

(I'm new to HWPF - if anyone knows it better, please reply :-) )

Best wishes, Rainer