Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by André Cruz <an...@co.sapo.pt> on 2013/07/16 16:48:18 UTC

Repair needed on all nodes if RF == number of nodes?

Hello.

I have a cluster with 3 nodes and RF is 3. I've noticed that when I run a repair on a node (I don't use -pr), all nodes are involved.

So, does this mean the other nodes are "repaired" as well? Do I still need to run repair on the other 2 nodes inside the gc_grace_period?

Thanks,
André

Re: Repair needed on all nodes if RF == number of nodes?

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 7:48 AM, André Cruz <an...@co.sapo.pt> wrote:

> I have a cluster with 3 nodes and RF is 3. I've noticed that when I run a
> repair on a node (I don't use -pr), all nodes are involved.
>
> So, does this mean the other nodes are "repaired" as well? Do I still need
> to run repair on the other 2 nodes inside the gc_grace_period?

Yes, no.

=Rob