Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/01 10:23:29 UTC

Re: [sanselan] project dead?

Hello Damjan,

i think that the Sanselan developers will welcome your patches. Once
they arrived, somebody will have a little time to apply them, I would
guess. Before you continue, I would like to suggest you these links:

* http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html
* http://commons.apache.org/patches.html

Basically they describe what Apache means and how you get involved and
contribute your patches. I would recommend you to open an issue and
attach your patch there, then tell people what you have done on the
mailinglist. Please have in mind that usually the ASF does not grant
committership on request - the ASF is a community, and like with every
community you need to "grow in it".

However, welcome and I am looking for your patches :-)
Cheers
Christian

Re: [sanselan] project dead?

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
I create independent small patches.

Code, roll patch, revert. Repeat for next issue.

Hen

Re: [sanselan] project dead?

Posted by Charles Matthew Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Damjan,

   When your patch(es) are ready, I will be happy to review them.

Charles Matthew Chen

Re: [sanselan] project dead?

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org>.
> SVN is not like Git or or Mercurial, it doesn't allow you to develop a
> decentralized patchset of small independent patches that apply sequentially
> after each other and then send it through to an issue. Currently my patch is
> at 1368 lines in 46 kB, and still growing - this takes a good while to
> review and commit, if patches that large are even acceptable in one go.

Know your pain.

> How do you guys develop multiple independent patches using SVN without
> committing in between?

git-svn

Re: [sanselan] project dead?

Posted by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@gmail.com>.