Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Brett McLaughlin <br...@lutris.com> on 2000/07/21 19:05:33 UTC

Namespaces in Xalan

In org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process, it seems that namespace processing is
on by default. This causes great problems when trying to transform an
XML document with a DTD reference, as namespace processing on and DTD
validation are currently at odds in Xerces. Would it be possible to turn
off namespace processing, especially since Process is only for the
transformation itself? Certainly if namespace processing were needed,
the user would do it themselves.

Of course, part of the problem could be that SAX2 dictates that
namespaces be on by default - so Process would have to explicitly turn
them off. I'd submit a patch, but I'm on a tiny little 56K modem pipe,
and don't have the pull to grab Xalan down.

This would be great - my book, Java and XML, highlights Xalan, but the
latest version spews as my examples have DTDs referenced as well. I'd
love to not have to force users to either skip the example of get an
older version of Xalan.

Thanks a lot,
Brett
--