Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gd...@sonicsoftware.com> on 2004/12/09 16:27:10 UTC

[Axi2] Coding style

Hey folks:

As you noticed, I did a big commit after running IDEA's
code-cleaner-upper.  This resolved a whole bunch of coding style issues
like whitespace at the end of lines, correct spacing for braces, etc.

So - is this OK with people?  I'm figuring we want to use the standard
Java coding conventions as we have in Axis 1.1 (I'm certainly +1 to
that)....

If so, as we move on we should be careful to keep things clean, and we
can periodically run code cleanups like this every few months.

--Glen

Re: [Axi2] Coding style

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
+ 1  :) :) :)
Thanks
Srinath

Re: [Axi2] Coding style

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Re: [Axis2] Coding style - @author tags

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
think we are decided .. I will wipe out the author tags.

Team edit your IDE prefernces so that author tags are not
automatically inserted.
Thanks
Srinath

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me as well.

-- dims

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
+1 remove author tags
Thanks
Srinarh

Re: [Axi2] Coding style

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+100000 from me.

[axis2] Re: [Axi2] Coding style

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
"Dominik Kacprzak" <do...@opentoolbox.com> writes:

> Another suggestion which will most likely get me flamed.  How about
> changing the default width of text from the good old 80 characters
> to 120? A greater width makes wrapping less likely to occur. Just a
> thought:)

Wait, just a sec.

Ah, there's the flame thrower! ARGH!!!!! No way man, even on my
1400x1050 screen on my ThinkPad emacs still fits nicely at 80
columns wide.

Sanjiva.

Re: [Axi2] Coding style

Posted by Dominik Kacprzak <do...@opentoolbox.com>.
A quick note on coding styles.  I used IDEA and JBuilder for the development and found out that JBuilder's "Java Standard code style" does not completely agree with IDEA's style.  Since most editors allow you to tweak formatting, would it make sense to list all the options and their settings to make sure that folks use the same editor settings regardless of their favorite IDE?

Another suggestion which will most likely get me flamed.  How about changing the default width of text from the good old 80 characters to 120? A greater width makes wrapping less likely to occur. Just a thought:)

- Dominik

[Axis2] RE: [Axi2] Coding style

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Whoops, that should have read [Axis2] and not [Axi2]....

--G