Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <ed...@mgrinformatica.com.br> on 2004/12/03 17:22:04 UTC

Null values

Hi!

I having several problemas with database in NULL values area.
If I inform in XML what fields allow XML and what not, OJB will warn me
if I forgot to fill some field? If yes, is this a sanity check that can
be enabled/disabled?

Thanks,

Edson Richter

Re: Null values

Posted by Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <ed...@mgrinformatica.com.br>.
You gave me a good idea.
I'll create a specialized Persistent field for debugging purposes inside
my project.

Thankyou,

Edson Richter

Re: Null values

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>.

Re: Null values

Posted by Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <ed...@mgrinformatica.com.br>.
It's not a OJB problem. I'm just looking if OJB could help me find bugs
introduced from any programmer here.
Sample: I have a class with 5 relations updatables, and when I execute
insert, maxdb answer "[-5005] Missing non null value". Besides OJB tell
me what bean he is trying to persist, it's difficulty to find what field
that messed up.

If I tell "nullable='true'" and "nullable='false'" (or something like),
then OJB warn me if he finds the field is NULL (when nullable='false')
could be a bigger step searching for this kind of app bug.

Nothing that I can't debug and try to find using a trace or P6Spy, but
in a schema with more than 200 tables, 2000 fields, and 1400 classes, it
definitelly could be easier.

Thankyou for fast reponse,

Edson Richter

Re: Null values

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>.
Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:

> I having several problemas with database in NULL values area.
> If I inform in XML what fields allow XML and what not, OJB will warn
> me if I forgot to fill some field? If yes, is this a sanity check that
> can be enabled/disabled?

Could you give an example ?

Tom