Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Doina Popa <Do...@siveco.ro> on 2001/11/02 17:24:28 UTC

Tomcat 4.0/Apache 1.3.22/WebApp problem

Hello,

I have a problem connecting Tomcat 4.0.1 and Appache HTTP Server 1.3.22
through WebApp module. They however seem to connect but the HTTP server
doesn't seem to redirect the servlet calls to the Tomcat Engine.

I have loaded the WebbApp module and added it in the httpd.conf. Here is
also how I define the connection between the two in that file:
<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
	WebAppConnection conn      warp  doinap:8008
	WebAppDeploy   sivadoc    conn  /sivadoc
</IfModule>

In the Tomcat server.xml file I have commented out the standalone service
and tried to configure the Tomcat-Apache service. Here is what my service
looks like:
  <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">

    <Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
     enableLookups="true"
     acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

    <!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache "ServerName" is set to
-->
    <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
     name="Apache" debug="0" defaultHost="doinap" docBase="webapps">

      <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower levels -->
              prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>

      <!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance will be shared globally
-->

    </Engine>
  </Service>

The servlets initialize, the tomcat apache_log file says that the connection
has been made, I can connect to the system on the 8080 port defined for the
HTTP server, everything seems ok but when I try to use a servlet it says
that the page is unavailable and the Apache seems to get hanged. I guess
something is wrong in my configuration files...

I understand that there are problems with the webapp module and that we are
recommended to get a nightly version. Where can I find a build of one of
them?

Thanks a lot for the support,
Doina

Re: Tomcat 4.0/Apache 1.3.22/WebApp problem

Posted by longinus <lo...@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl>.
do you know where to put applets that html,generated by the servlet,
refers to them?

Posted by longinus <lo...@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl>.
Do you know were applets should be put in TOMCAT server?

Posted by Ilic Aleksandar <fl...@gavrilo.elfak.ni.ac.yu>.
Caos,

Posted by Xavier NOPRE <xn...@netceler.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ilic Aleksandar <fl...@gavrilo.elfak.ni.ac.yu>.

HI,
	I am not shure, maybe you should try to say to apache that his
document direcory is in webaps dir or make some virtual host which root is

Posted by Xavier NOPRE <xn...@netceler.com>.
Hi,

> I found some solution that works for me. I make link in apache
> document dir that points to dir of some tomcat app and it works
> fantasticly:))
> ln -s $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/examples /var/www/html/examples

I have the same problem but I am using Windows NT 4. What is the problem ?
How to fix it ?

Thanks

Xavier

> Ilic Aleksandar
>

> > [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConfigurationHandler] Filter
> > mappings (2)
> > 2001-11-03 15:22:47
> > [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConfigurationHandler] Filter
> > mappings (2)
> > 2001-11-03 15:22:47
> > [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConfigurationHandler] Filter
> > mappings (2)
> > 2001-11-03 15:23:03 [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection]
> > Exception on socket
> > java.io.IOException: Premature packet header end
> >         at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.recv(Unknown

Posted by Ilic Aleksandar <fl...@gavrilo.elfak.ni.ac.yu>.

Hi,

Posted by Ilic Aleksandar <fl...@gavrilo.elfak.ni.ac.yu>.

HI,
	I have posted several days ago the same question with same
problem. I try today again to connect apache and tomcat and everything I
got are errors in tomcat'log for Service Tocmat-Apache :

2001-11-03 15:22:46 [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector]
Connection from localhost/127.0.0.1:3531 to localhost/127.0.0.1:8008
2001-11-03 15:22:47
[...]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)