Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2016/07/12 21:47:04 UTC

AOO Mailing LIsts (was RE: Legality of use question)

All of the public Apache OpenOffice lists are identified on this ASF web page:
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/>.

There are two private lists.  You can send appropriate messages to those lists.  Subscription requests are moderated and only members of the associated activity are subscribed.

The private@ openoffice.apache.org (oo.a.o) list is for use by the Apache OpenOffice Project Management Committee.  It is to be used for request that need to be handled in confidence, such as personnel matters, licensing/trademark matters, and any sort of legal concerns.  It does not provide any support of the kind obtained with dev@ oo.a.o or users@ oo.a.o.

The security@ oo.a.o list is used by the Apache OpenOffice Security team, essentially a subset of the PMC charged with analysis of reported security exploits and vulnerabilities in the code itself.  Messages that are not very specific to that subject are ignored.  See <http://www.openoffice.org/security/>.

Those are the only private lists of Apache OpenOffice itself.  Public- and private-ist moderators also have a private way to be reached and to communicate among themselves.  For example, users-owner@ oo.a.o reaches the users@ oo.a.o moderators.  There are comparable arrangements for moderation of the Community Forums.

 - Dennis

[ ... ]