Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Salim Erradey <se...@innovance.com> on 2001/12/20 21:25:20 UTC

Root tag name missing in DOCTYPE declaration when serializing usi ng SAX

Hi,

I am serializing an XML document using SAX interfaces:

	OutputFormat fmt = new OutputFormat ("xml", "UTF-8", true);
	fmt.setDoctype(publicId, dtdUrl);
	XMLSerializer xmlSerializer = new XMLSerializer(writer, fmt);
	xmlSerializer.startDocument();
	empty = new String();
	//root is the root element
	xmlSerializer.startElement(empty, empty, root, attrs);

The output I am getting is missing the root tag in the DOCTYPE declaration:

	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	<!DOCTYPE  PUBLIC "publicID" "myDTD.dtd">

	<root>
	</root>

How do I make sure that my DOCTYPE declaration states the root element name
?

Thanks,

Salim Erradey
e-mail: serradey@innovance.com