Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Björn Ingimundarson <bj...@hexsoftware.net> on 2005/12/01 15:04:52 UTC

Roller on Jboss 4.0 Problem

Hello,

I am currently setting up Roller Weblogger on JBoss 4.0 and have
followed the instructions found at
http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=InstallationGuideJBoss4.

The installation went ok and I can see my blog and post comments and all
that good stuff.
There are however 2 issues that are bothering me when trying to log-in
and post/modify entries.

1. I can not see the Menu on the main page due to the following exception:

13:26:19,800 ERROR
[org.roller.presentation.tags.menu.RollerMenuModel.<init>(RollerMenuModel.java:106)]
Unexpected exception
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for:
org.roller.presentation.tags.menu.MenuImpl
    at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2540)
    at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2566)
    at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1276)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
    at
Source)
    at
Source)
    at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1567)
    at
org.roller.presentation.tags.menu.RollerMenuModel.<init>(RollerMenuModel.java:72)
    at
org.roller.presentation.tags.menu.MenuTag.prepareContext(MenuTag.java:63)
    at
org.roller.presentation.tags.VelocityTag.doEndTag(VelocityTag.java:84)
    at org.roller.presentation.tags.HybridTag.doEndTag(HybridTag.java:64)

2. I can not access anything after I'm logged in
I get an error message after I am logged in:   You are not authorized to
access that resource.

However I seem to be logged in. From my jboss.security.log I see

13:57:27,699 TRACE
[org.jboss.security.auth.spi.DatabaseServerLoginModule]
DatabaseServerLoginModule, dsJndiName=java:/jdbc/RollerDB
13:57:27,699 TRACE
[org.jboss.security.auth.spi.DatabaseServerLoginModule]
principalsQuery=SELECT passphrase FROM rolleruser WHERE username=?
13:57:27,699 TRACE
[org.jboss.security.auth.spi.DatabaseServerLoginModule]
rolesQuery=SELECT rolename, 'Roles' FROM userrole WHERE username=?
13:57:27,699 TRACE
[org.jboss.security.auth.spi.DatabaseServerLoginModule] login
13:57:27,699 TRACE
[org.jboss.security.auth.spi.DatabaseServerLoginModule] User 'bjossi'
authenticated, loginOk=true
13:57:27,699 TRACE
[org.jboss.security.auth.spi.DatabaseServerLoginModule] commit, loginOk=true
13:57:27,870 TRACE
[org.jboss.security.auth.spi.DatabaseServerLoginModule] Assign user to
role editor
13:57:27,870 TRACE
[org.jboss.security.plugins.JaasSecurityManager.roller-policy]
updateCache, subject=Subject:
    Principal: bjossi
    Principal: Roles(members:editor)

So I am a logged in user in role 'editor'.

Anyone out there with a successful JBoss Roller Weblogger Setup.

Anyone,, anyone.. :)

Best Regards,
Bjorn Ingimundarson

re: logging issue on JBoss 4.0.3

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Bjorn:

Thanks for noticing the resource-ref issue.  There may be more related
issues.  I'll talk about that in my next e-mail.

Unless you really do want the latest (and possibly unstable code), you
should probably be pulling the tagged 2.0 sources or the distribution.
It's pretty clear that 2.1 is not quite stable yet.

This is really a completely new thread, so I cut out all of the older
stuff pertaining to the JBoss 4.0.0 problems below which were resolved
by your upgrade.

Noticed something about the logs below.  TRACE level is only  in  log4j
1.2.12.  Roller is using 1.2.11. We didn't move to 1.2.12 due to some
issues reported with it, but it may be fine to use it.

Something looks like its expecting TRACE and 1.2.12.  Either it is
harmless or you end up with a misconfigured log4j.  If the rest of
logging seems to be working right it may be ok.  You may also have too
many log4j implementations in the classloader hierarchy; if you have
1.2.12 in a level that is "visible" to the webapp, you may be able to
remove the log4j jar from the Roller WEB-INF/lib; or replace the one in
the webapp with 1.2.12; or  fix your other configs not to mention TRACE.

--a.

Re: regarding the removal of web-security.xml from metadata/xdoclet

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
On 12/3/05, Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> wrote:

> As Björn Ingimundarson recently noticed, we somehow lost the resource
> refs portion of the web.xml.
>
> It's because they happened to have been hiding in the web-security.xml
> fragment in metadata/xdoclet, and that was removed with the recent Acegi
> changes.  I believe we need the resource refs in general, even though
> things might work for Tomcat.  There's an odd comment that was there
> calling it a "Tomcat resource ref", but there's nothing specific about
> it; it's part of the Servlet 2.3 and 2.4 specs, and I think Tomcat may
> be one of the more lenient containers with respect to missing these.
> Not sure about that, but I'd like to put them back.  Objections?

Sorry about that - I forgot to checkin
metadata/web-resource-env-refs.xml, should be fixed now.

> On a related but different note, I'm a bit concerned that the
> security-constraint clauses that were there might also be required for
> some containers to know to setup for HttpServletRequest.isUserInRole()
> properly (which appears to still be used in the codebase).   Does the
> way Acegi is injected entirely obviate the need for them for all
> containers? Matt maybe you can comment on this question.

Yes, the SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter makes it possible for
request.isUserInRole("rolename") to work.  I've successfully
integrated it into AppFuse, and a couple of productions sites - and
haven't had any issues.  I haven't seen any issues on my site so far -
but it is a single-user site for the most part.

Matt

Re: Roller on Jboss 4.0 Problem

Posted by Björn Ingimundarson <bj...@hexsoftware.net>.

--

 Bjorn Ingimundarson
 Senior Developer

Re: Roller on Jboss 4.0 Problem

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.

Posted by Björn Ingimundarson <bj...@hexsoftware.net>.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Bjorn:

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
(1) Check that you have the fixed string 'Roles' as the second element
of the select in the roles query.
(2) Make sure you have security-constraint elements in the web.xml for
all of the URIs on which the role checks are made.
     I think the distribution is ok in this respect, but your
modifications may have changed the URIs (?)
(3) For JBoss, you may need to add security-role-ref elements (as shown
below) within *each* <servlet> element in the web.xml even for the
trivial mapping "editor" to "editor" in the servlet and app role
namespaces.  Check the JBoss docs on this; I think it is pretty picky,
whereas Tomcat seems to do trivial mappings by default (which is what
everyone expects); we should perhaps include this in our web.xml.  If it
is this latter thing, please file a bug/task for us on the tracker.

        <security-role-ref>
            <role-name>editor</role-name>
            <role-link>editor</role-link>
        </security-role-ref>