Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Anton Kalashnikov <ka...@yandex.ru> on 2020/04/10 08:43:06 UTC

Re: [DISCUSSION] Major changes in Ignite in 2020

My top priorities:

* Cache warm-up - loading data from disk to memory before the join to cluster - <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-40+Cache+warm-up>

* PDS Defragmentation - possibility to free up space on disc after removing entries

\--

Best regards,

Anton Kalashnikov

20.03.2020, 10:19, "Pavel Tupitsyn" <pt...@apache.org>:

> My top priorities:

>   * Thin Client API extension: Compute, Continuous Queries, Services

>   * .NET Near Cache: soon to come in Thick API, to be investigated for Thin
Clients

>   * .NET Modernization for Ignite 3.0: drop legacy .NET Framework support,
target .NET Standard 2.0, add nullable annotations to the API

<[saikat.maitra@gmail.com](mailto:saikat.maitra@gmail.com)> wrote:

>> Hi Denis,

>> Thank you for sharing the list of top changes. The list looks good.

>> I wanted to share that efforts regarding IEP-36 is already underway and
there are also open PRs under review and working through review feedback. One
of the area that we are focussing is first we will merge changes in ignite-
extensions repo before removing the specific migrated module from ignite repo.

>> There are also contribution from community on bug fixes in ignite-
extensions repo as well which we are verifying and merging in ignite-
extensions repo after running through CI pipeline in teamcity.

>> I like the focus area on docs and I really like the Apache Ignite Usecases
page <https://ignite.apache.org/provenusecases.html>, I would like to suggest
if we can add a page like powered by Apache Ignite and list few Org who are
already using Apache Ignite in prod.

<[dmagda@apache.org](mailto:dmagda@apache.org)> wrote:

>>> My top list of changes is as follows:

>>>   * Feature: New lightweight Apache Ignite website with advanced search
engine optimizations and updated technical content. Why? Much better
discoverability of Ignite via search engines like Google to let many more
application developers learn about Ignite existence. This change is to be
brought to live soon: <http://apache-ignite-
developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Ignite-Website-New-Look-td46324.html>

>>>   * Feature: New Ignite documentation on a new platform and with a new
structure. Why? Ignite documentation has to help new application developers to
get up and running as quickly as possible, it also has to become a primary
source that answers most of the questions. Our current docs have a lot of
gaps: <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-7595>

>>>   * Process Change: to be successful with the point above, documentation
should be created/updated before we close a JIRA ticket for code/API/feature
contribution. Why? First, application developers learn Ignite and create their
Ignite-apps referring to API reference and technical documentation (and not to
the source code), thus, documentation needs to be treated as an integral part
of the whole project. Second, while writing a new documentation paragraph we
could discover incompleteness of a fix/feature or usability issues before the
change is released publicly.

>>>   * Feature: complete the modularization project by defining the Ignite
core that will be released separately from Ignite extensions. The 'why' is
written here:
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-36%3A+Modularization>

>>> -

>>> Denis

2020 course/plan/roadmap and a predictable schedule of major releases. Also,
there are intentions to enhance some internal processes and collaboration
approaches.

would like to contribute this year personally or will be glad to drive (like
processes changes) and work together with someone else. Dear, Ignite user
community, please share your suggestions as well.

topics/directions/features/changes. Just respond with your proposals. Don't go
into arguments if you don't agree with someone's opinions. Once the topics are
collected, we'll create a wiki page and, most likely, will start working
through specific items in focus groups and only then lay out a cohesive plan
with some dates.

Posted by Юрий <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Igniters!

Major changes that are going to be contributed from our side for IGNITE SQL:

   - Local runtime statistics which helps to estimate query execution plan.
   It should help use right join order in most cases. Seems could be done by
   Q3.
   - most efforts will be direct to new SQL engine based on Calcite. I hope
   new engine will be able to execute a query arbitrary complexity by end of
   the year, however it still have many performance optimization absent.

--
Живи с улыбкой! :D

Re: [DISCUSSION] Major changes in Ignite in 2020

Posted by Юрий <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Igniters!

--
Живи с улыбкой! :D

Re: [DISCUSSION] Major changes in Ignite in 2020

Posted by Ivan Rakov <iv...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone!

Posted by Ivan Rakov <iv...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone!