Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by hitendrapratap <hi...@target.com> on 2017/02/02 00:01:21 UTC

Read heavy small cache in all clients and servers

So we have use case where we want to have a small size cache on all clients
and servers. 95% of the operations are read and 5% updates. And 1 more thing
to keep in mind is that only 1 client will receive the update and want to
stream that update to other clients and servers. How we can achieve the
same?

Re: Read heavy small cache in all clients and servers

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Then partitioned cache would be a better choice. Also it sounds like
continuous queries can be useful to notify other clients about updates:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/continuous-queries

-Val

Re: Read heavy small cache in all clients and servers

Posted by hitendrapratap <hi...@target.com>.
We already have client and server model. There are other use case in the
application where we are using PARTITIONED Cache.

Re: Read heavy small cache in all clients and servers

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
It sounds like you simply need a cache replicated across all client
applications, and actually no need for standalone server nodes. If that's
the case, start an embedded node using Ignition.start() in each application,
and configure a cache with cache mode set to REPLICATED.

-Val