Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by James McLaughlin <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/07 03:59:37 UTC

WicketTester, FormTester, and AjaxSubmitLink

Hi,
Hacking away at some tests, I figured the proper way to test an
AjaxSubmitLink would have been as follows:

        Panel p = tester.startPanel(EventPanel.class);
        FormTester ft = tester.newFormTester(p.getId() + ":eventForm");
        ft.setValue("messageField", ALARM_MESSAGE);
        tester.clickLink(p.getId() + ":eventFormSubmitLink", true);

However, the values set in the FormTester don't get submitted for some
reason. It works if I change it to:

        Panel p = tester.startPanel(EventPanel.class);
        tester.setParameterForNextRequest(p.getId() +
":eventForm:messageField", ALARM_MESSAGE);
        tester.clickLink(p.getId() + ":eventFormSubmitLink", true);

which while 1 line briefer, didn't seem intuitive (to me at least). Is
it possible to make it work like the former, or is it better left as
it is?

best,
jim

Re: WicketTester, FormTester, and AjaxSubmitLink

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>.
* James McLaughlin:
> Hi,
> Hacking away at some tests, I figured the proper way to test an
> AjaxSubmitLink would have been as follows:
>
>         Panel p = tester.startPanel(EventPanel.class);
>         FormTester ft = tester.newFormTester(p.getId() + ":eventForm");
>         ft.setValue("messageField", ALARM_MESSAGE);
>         tester.clickLink(p.getId() + ":eventFormSubmitLink", true);
>
> However, the values set in the FormTester don't get submitted for some
> reason. It works if I change it to:
>
>         Panel p = tester.startPanel(EventPanel.class);
>         tester.setParameterForNextRequest(p.getId() +
> ":eventForm:messageField", ALARM_MESSAGE);
>         tester.clickLink(p.getId() + ":eventFormSubmitLink", true);
>
> which while 1 line briefer, didn't seem intuitive (to me at least). Is
> it possible to make it work like the former, or is it better left as
> it is?

Is it WICKET-932?
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot