Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Aryeh Berkowitz <ar...@iswcorp.com> on 2010/02/23 15:29:06 UTC

Missing Hive Execution Jar

I'm trying to run Hive, but I'm getting the message Missing Hive Execution Jar:  hive/lib/hive-exec-*.jar. I followed all the download and build instructions on the Wiki page.

Re: Missing Hive Execution Jar

Posted by Carl Steinbach <ca...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Aryeh,

I greped through the source code for the string "does not have a scheme" and
traced it back to HiveMetaStoreClient.java where the error you see is
getting thrown. This code should print the value of 'hive.metastore.uris' in
the error message0, but it doesn't. I recommend modifying the code so that
it prints the value of this property when it throws the error message. Then
you will need to figure out where you are setting this value. If not in
hive-default.xml, then maybe you are setting it in hive-site.xml, or on the
command line using the -hiveconf switch?

Thanks.

Carl

Posted by Aryeh Berkowitz <ar...@iswcorp.com>.
I don't seem to have that configuration property in my hive-default. What should it be?

I think it's complaining about the value you have set for the configuration property "hive.metastore.uris". Are you setting this on the command line, or does it appear in your Hive configuration file? If so, what is the value?

Carl
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Aryeh Berkowitz <ar...@iswcorp.com>> wrote:
Thanks Carl! I'm now getting the following error:

10/02/23 14:57:47 ERROR exec.DDLTask: FAILED: Error in metadata: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI:  does not have a scheme
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI:  does not have a scheme

Posted by Carl Steinbach <ca...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Carl Steinbach <ca...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Aryeh Berkowitz <ar...@iswcorp.com>.
I can't find anything. If you can tell me what it is, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Posted by Russell Jurney <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aryeh Berkowitz <ar...@iswcorp.com>.

Posted by Russell Jurney <ru...@gmail.com>.