Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Thibodeaux, Paul" <Pa...@ps.net> on 2002/08/01 20:16:17 UTC

Suppressing spaces when using zero-width space

I am using zero-width space in my text, but FOP is forcing a space in

my text is:

1,&#x200B;2,&#x200B;3,&#x200B;4,&#x200B;5

the desired result is :  1,2,3,4,5

the actual result is :   1, 2, 3, 4, 5

The zero-width space is there to allow it to line break if the list of
numbers gets too long.

It seems that the formatter is putting a space in when I am not asking for
one.
I tried &#8203;  but got the same result.

Thanks

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Thibodeaux, Paul wrote:
> I am using zero-width space in my text,

There appears to be a bug in FOP which causes the width
of zero width spaces calcualted wrong, or applied wrong in
the PDF output. I'm about to track this down.

J.Pietschmann