Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by "David B. Witt" <Da...@ironhilltechnology.com> on 2004/10/11 19:08:38 UTC

Rename log levels display names

Is there a mechanism by which I can rename the log levels that are
displayed (FATAL, ERROR, WARNING, INFO, DEBUG) in the log files?  I do not
need to change their names within log4net, just their string  names that
are written to the output log files, etc.  I would like to use sting names
such as "USER", "SERVICE" and "DEVELOPER".  Using level names such as FATAL
and ERROR in the log files tends to get people all excited when I really
want to just be able to categorize various levels of logged information.

Thanks in advance!!!

Dave