Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Andy Jefferson <an...@jpox.org> on 2005/09/26 21:29:38 UTC

org.apache.jdo.tck.api.persistencemanager.cache.Retrieve

The Retrieve test has various subtests. I've a question regarding 2 of these
runTestRetrieveAllWithCollectionDFGtrue
runTestRetrieveAllWithCollectionDFGfalse

1. Presumably these should be renamed s/DFGtrue/FGtrue and s/DFGfalse/FGfalse
since in JDO2 the flag passed into OM.retrieve() is for the fetch group and
not necessarily the DFG.

2. The content of these tests seems to be the same, except that the second one
is also checking on the PCRect object having its PCPoint fields populated
correctly. If this field is not in fetch group (in either test) and
retrieve(obj, true) is called how can the PCPoint be retrieved ? Perhaps in
the second of these the call to retrieve should be retrieve(obj, false) so we
then get the chance to test the use of the parameter to retrieve() ? Or maybe
I'm missing completely the point of this test

--
Andy