Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Christo Lolov <ch...@gmail.com> on 2023/05/22 14:20:20 UTC

RE: [DISCUSS] KIP-858: Handle JBOD broker disk failure in KRaft

Hello Igor!

I have been working on a KIP to extend the functionality of JBOD broker disk failures (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-928%3A+Making+Kafka+resilient+to+log+directories+becoming+full) and was wondering what is the state of this KIP - were you planning on starting a vote soon?

Best,
Christo

Posted by Divij Vaidya <di...@gmail.com>.
Hey Igor

Just calling out that Monday, 29th May is a bank holiday in lots of EU
countries (including the UK) which may restrict attendance?!

--
Divij Vaidya

Posted by Christo Lolov <ch...@gmail.com>.
Heya!

5th of June 16:30 - 17:00 UTC works for me.

Best,
Christo

Posted by Christo Lolov <ch...@gmail.com>.
Heya Igor!

I don't have any concerns or suggestions for improvements at this stage -
the overall approach makes sense to me!

I would be quite interested in attending a call, but as Divij has pointed
out the 29th of May is a public holiday, so I won't be able to make that
date. If there is another time I will do my best to appear.

Best,
Christo

Posted by Igor Soarez <so...@apple.com.INVALID>.
Hi Christo,

Thank you for your interest in this KIP.

Indeed, I'd like to open up voting ASAP.
I'm hoping there will still be a bit more feedback,
but if not I'll probably request a vote next week or so.

Do you have any concerns or suggestions regarding this KIP?

I'll have a look at your KIP too, it looks interesting.

Best,

--
Igor