Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Satish Chhatpar 02 <Ch...@cpwplc.com> on 2017/12/08 16:05:47 UTC

Which one is used by Default on Apache 2.4.6 ? MPM worker or MPM prefork

We have are using Apache 2.4.6 on  Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.2 (Maipo)

My objective is to find out the default values for maxrequestworkers, as we have not configured any specific value.

and Also we have not configured any specific MPM, so My question is

Which one is used by Default on Apache 2.4.6 ?  MPM worker or MPM prefork

::DISCLAIMER::
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Confidentiality Notice from Dixons Carphone plc (registered in England & Wales No.07105905) of 1 Portal Way, London, W3 6RS ("Dixons Carphone"). The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments may be legally privileged, proprietary and/or confidential. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return, permanently delete the e-mail and destroy all hard copies immediately. No warranty is made as to the completeness or accuracy of the information contained in this e-mail. Opinions, conclusions and statements of intent in this e-mail are those of the sender and will not bind any Dixons Carphone group company (Dixons Carphone Group) unless confirmed by an authorised representative independently of this e-mail. We do not accept responsibility for viruses; you must scan for these. E-mails sent to and from Dixons Carphone Group are routinely monitored for record keeping, quality control, training purposes, to ensure regulatory compliance and to prevent viruses and unauthorised use of our computer systems. The Carphone Warehouse Limited (registered in England & Wales No.02142673) is a member of the Dixons Carphone Group and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: Which one is used by Default on Apache 2.4.6 ? MPM worker or MPM prefork

Posted by "André Warnier (tomcat)" <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
On 08.12.2017 17:05, Satish Chhatpar 02 wrote:
> We have are using Apache 2.4.6 on  Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.2 (Maipo)
>

> My objective is to find out the default values for maxrequestworkers, as we have not configured any specific value.
>

> and Also we have not configured any specific MPM, so My question is
>

> Which one is used by Default on Apache 2.4.6 ?  MPM worker or MPM prefork

Hi.
You are on the wrong list. This is Apache Tomcat, which is different from Apache httpd
(the one you want).

To answer your above question, thry the following command :
apache2ctl -h

it will list options, and one of them shows the configured MPM.

like : apache2ctl  -t -D DUMP_MODULES
and look for "mpm_"

Other than that, this is always a good start :
http://httpd.apache.org
--> documentation --> v 2.4 --> run-time directives