Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Geoff Macartney <ge...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/08 21:37:52 UTC

build error

Hi all,

I'm building Brooklyn from fresh on a new machine, and getting errors
building the new UI; I haven't built this before myself, and I'm unsure if
I've missed some new instructions for setup of my workspace. So far I've
just installed mvn and Java 8, cloned the repos, and done 'mvn clean
install', all basically per
http://brooklyn.apache.org/developers/code/index.html.

The errors are in the build log fragment below, picking up the build log at
brooklyn-ui-home.

Any pointers?

Cheers
Geoff

[INFO] --- frontend-maven-plugin:1.3:npm (npm install) @ brooklyn-ui-home
---
[INFO] Running 'npm install' in /Users/geoff/workspaces/
github.com/apache/brooklyn/brooklyn-ui/ui-modules/home
[WARNING] npm WARN expose-loader@0.7.5 requires a peer of webpack@^2.0.0 ||
^3.0.0 || ^4.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies
yourself.
[ERROR]
[INFO] up to date in 5.206s
[INFO]
[INFO] --- frontend-maven-plugin:1.3:npm (npm build) @ brooklyn-ui-home ---
[INFO] Running 'npm run build' in /Users/geoff/workspaces/
github.com/apache/brooklyn/brooklyn-ui/ui-modules/home
[INFO]
[INFO] > brooklyn-ui-home@1.0.0-SNAPSHOT build /Users/geoff/workspaces/
github.com/apache/brooklyn/brooklyn-ui/ui-modules/home
[INFO] > rimraf dist && webpack --config ./config/build/webpack.config.js
--bail
[INFO]
[INFO] Build with: ENV production - brand-identifier brooklyn
[ERROR] Error
[ERROR]     at NormalModule.onModuleBuildFailed (/Users/geoff/workspaces/
github.com/apache/brooklyn/brooklyn-ui/ui-modules/home/node_modules/webpack-core/lib/NormalModuleMixin.js:315:19
)
[ERROR]     at nextLoader (/Users/geoff/workspaces/
github.com/apache/brooklyn/brooklyn-ui/ui-modules/home/node_modules/webpack-core/lib/NormalModuleMixin.js:270:31
)
[ERROR]     at /Users/geoff/workspaces/
github.com/apache/brooklyn/brooklyn-ui/ui-modules/home/node_modules/webpack-core/lib/NormalModuleMixin.js:292:15
[ERROR]     at context.callback (/Users/geoff/workspaces/
github.com/apache/brooklyn/brooklyn-ui/ui-modules/home/node_modules/webpack-core/lib/NormalModuleMixin.js:148:14
)
[ERROR]     at imagemin.buffer.then.catch.err (/Users/geoff/workspaces/
github.com/apache/brooklyn/brooklyn-ui/ui-modules/home/node_modules/image-webpack-loader/index.js:92:9
)
[ERROR]     at <anonymous>
[ERROR] npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
[ERROR] npm ERR! errno 1
[ERROR] npm ERR! brooklyn-ui-home@1.0.0-SNAPSHOT build: `rimraf dist &&
webpack --config ./config/build/webpack.config.js --bail`
[ERROR] npm ERR! Exit status 1
[ERROR] npm ERR!
[ERROR] npm ERR! Failed at the brooklyn-ui-home@1.0.0-SNAPSHOT build script.
[ERROR] npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely
additional logging output above.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
[ERROR] npm ERR!
 /Users/geoff/.npm/_logs/2018-09-08T21_31_29_934Z-debug.log

Re: build error

Posted by Geoff Macartney <ge...@gmail.com>.
BTW, this doesn't seem to be true any more (from the "Running Apache
Brooklyn" page ) - "By default, no authentication is required"

Re: build error

Posted by Geoff Macartney <ge...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Duncan

Re: build error