Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Marco Descher <ma...@descher.at> on 2022/06/03 05:21:32 UTC

Support for JWT nested roles

Dear devs,

I'm trying to get SOLR JWT-Authentication running with Keycloak style
JWT Tokens. This is where I faced
a problem considering the rolesClaim. I already added a JIRA Ticket and
a PullRequest, and would be happy
if one of the maintainers could have a look at it.

https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/890

I also would be very interested, to get this patch to a quality, that it
can be merged to 8.11!

I'm contributing the first time, so please excuse if there are things
missing/wrong etc.

Thanks for your help!
Marco

Re: Support for JWT nested roles

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Marco,

I’d love to hear what you learn, and if there are any “best practices” that you see with Keycloak and Solr.

You might be interested in https://github.com/querqy/chorus/ which demonstrates Keycloak and Solr.   Specifically I exported my setup into https://github.com/querqy/chorus/blob/main/keycloak/realm-config/chorus-realm.json and that does work, but I think it’s not the best approach.

Eric

> On Jun 3, 2022, at 1:21 AM, Marco Descher <ma...@descher.at> wrote:
>
> Dear devs,
>
> I'm trying to get SOLR JWT-Authentication running with Keycloak style JWT Tokens. This is where I faced
> a problem considering the rolesClaim. I already added a JIRA Ticket and a PullRequest, and would be happy
> if one of the maintainers could have a look at it.

> https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/890
>
> I also would be very interested, to get this patch to a quality, that it can be merged to 8.11!
>
> I'm contributing the first time, so please excuse if there are things missing/wrong etc.
>
> Thanks for your help!
> Marco

Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com <http://www.opensourceconnections.com/> | My Free/Busy <http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal>
Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed <https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/apache-solr-enterprise-search-server-third-edition-raw>
This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.