Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andi Martin <an...@btconnect.com> on 2005/10/31 21:02:16 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache: You don't have permission to access /index.html on this server. Additionally a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to this so please bear with me.

I've installed apache and had a quick look over the config file. On
starting the server, I can access .htm pages but not .html.

I've checked the mime types and .html is listed in there.
I've checked the permissions and they are all set to a+xr.

I've no idea what i'm doing wrong :-\

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I'm running an AMD64 in FC4
64bit mode.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Andi Martin

Re: [users@httpd] Apache: You don't have permission to access /index.html on this server. Additionally a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Posted by Andi Martin <an...@btconnect.com>.
Nick,

Thanks for your help, it was due to selinux.  I managed to get it
working!!! :-)

Cheers again,

Andi

Posted by Andi Martin <an...@btconnect.com>.
Nick,

Thanks for your quick response.  I checked the file permissions, I don't
think it's those, changed them all to 755 just in case but still no
luck.

I've also removed .htm from the /etc/mime.types and restarted the server
out of interest - it still manages to load .htm and not .html.

Any idea where I can find the selinux docs you mentioned?

Cheers again for taking the time.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

--
Nick Kew