Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Maxim Muzafarov <mm...@apache.org> on 2022/05/13 11:25:14 UTC

Re: [DISCUSSION] Move ignite-hibernate modules to the Ignite Extensions

Folks,

I've moved the hibernate modules to the Ignite Extension project,
however, we can't deploy them to the Maven Central since they have the
LGPL dependencies. This is also mentioned in the documentation [1].
Users must build them manually from the sources to use.

Another problem I've faced with - there is a lot of manual work to
include required extension to the Ignite binary distribution (e.g.
build an extension, copy libs etc.). We should provide an ability to
build and prepare the Ignite binary distribution with the extension we
need. The same way as the dependencies-apache-ignite-lgpl.xml does.
I've created an issue for that [2].

[1] https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/setup#enabling-modules