Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@valueclick.com> on 2000/07/02 06:26:25 UTC

Re: Simple program _setting_ REMOTE_ADDR

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Steve van der Burg wrote:

> Ack!  That was pretty stupid of me.  It doesn't explain why
>     SetEnvIf Request_URI "/cgi-bin/VENDOR" REMOTE_ADDR=1.2.3.4
> didn't work, but I can take that to the Apache folks.

It's because mod_cgi sets the environment variable just before it
runs the program (and thus overriding whatever you set before).

A fixup handler to set the fake ip address (as you figured out) and
possibly a loghandler to set remote_ip to the right address again is
the way to go.

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>