Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by albaruthenia <al...@nih.gov> on 2017/10/19 18:25:51 UTC

NiFi email notification fails

Hi Everyone,

we are running NiFi 1.3.0 on RHEL 6, and there's a problem with setting up
an email notification service for it. In our case, the SMTP server doesn't
require authentication and secure connection. We also want to sent
notification emails from an account set up as an Exchange public folder.
This setup works fine for our SQL Server instances and JIRA, but not for
NiFi. If we omit the /SMTP Password/ property in the
/conf/bootstrap-notification-services.xml/ file, /nifi-bootstrap.log/
contains the following error:and if we remove the /SMTP Username/ property,
which is required, NiFi complainsI wonder what would be the best way for us
to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

--
Sent from: http://apache-nifi-users-list.2361937.n4.nabble.com/