Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by chrysthynee <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/09 10:53:53 UTC

How to access the web-console using ActiveMQ maven plug-in

I'm using the active-mq maven plug-in but when I run activemq:run it starts
only the broker and not the webconsole .
I've tried to run  mvn jetty:run but jetty looks into /src/mai/webapp for
the console and obviously nothing is deployed.
What did I miss?
Here's  my pom.xml
<plugins>
                        <plugin>

<groupId>org.apache.activemq.tooling</groupId>

<artifactId>activemq-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                                <version>5.8.0</version>
                                <configuration>
                                        <configUri>${configUri}</configUri>
                                        <fork>false</fork>
                                        <systemProperties>
                                                <property>

<name>javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword</name>

<value>password</value>
                                                </property>
                                                <property>

<name>org.apache.activemq.default.directory.prefix</name>

<value>./target/</value>
                                                </property>
                                        </systemProperties>
                                </configuration>
                                <dependencies>
                                        <dependency>

<groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>

<artifactId>activemq-spring</artifactId>
                                                <version>5.8.0</version>
                                        </dependency>
                                        <dependency>

<groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>

<artifactId>jetty-xbean</artifactId>
                                                <version>6.1.25</version>
                                                <exclusions>
                                                        <exclusion>

<groupId>org.springframework</groupId>

<artifactId>spring</artifactId>
                                                        </exclusion>
                                                </exclusions>
                                        </dependency>
                                        <dependency>

<groupId>org.eclipse.jetty.aggregate</groupId>

<artifactId>jetty-all-server</artifactId>

<version>7.6.7.v20120910</version>
                                        </dependency>
                                        <dependency>

<groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>

<artifactId>activemq-leveldb-store</artifactId>
                                                <version>5.8.0</version>
                                        </dependency>
                                </dependencies>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <id>start-activemq</id>
                                                <goals>
                                                        <goal>run</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                                <phase>test</phase>
                                        </execution>
                                </executions>
                        </plugin>
                </plugins>

Re: How to access the web-console using ActiveMQ maven plug-in

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Right. if you don't specify a config file, it will use an embedded broker
and the webconsole will not be started.

You should specify a configUri and point to an activemq.xml config file
that also includes the jetty import (see the default activemq.xml config
file that comes in the distro under /conf)

See here for how to set configUri:

http://activemq.apache.org/maven2-activemq-broker-plugin.html

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 9:17 AM, chrysthynee <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not using any config file, but i can boot jetty using the jetty:run
> command, i only want to deploy the web console into the jetty container.
> I was hoping that the plug-in has a setting that does that, beacause it has
> allready a broker embeded....

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: How to access the web-console using ActiveMQ maven plug-in

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
what's the configUri you're using? do you specify a config file?
jetty is booted from the activemq.xml file. check the example config files
that come with the distro.