Posted to user@pig.apache.org by zhang jianfeng <zj...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/09 03:22:22 UTC

One tip of pig: How to set job name for pig script

Hi all,

Today, I found there’s a way to set the job name for your pig script.

PigServer pig=*new* PigServer(ExecType.*MAPREDUCE*);

pig.getPigContext().getProperties().setProperty(*PigContext*.*JOB_NAME*,
"pig-example-job");

This is useful when you share cluster with other people, or you want to
submit more than one scripts to cluster. Providing job name can help you
monitor your job in jobtracker easier.

Hope this is useful for you.

Best Regards,

Jeff Zhang

Re: One tip of pig: How to set job name for pig script

Posted by Sean Timm <ti...@aol.com>.
Or in piglatin
    set job.name 'pig-example-job';