Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net> on 2006/08/22 23:28:55 UTC

Unable to get out through authenticated proxy

I've been making progress on testing the service that runs on my
localhost, but I'm also trying to test an external service, through our
authenticated proxy.

I found that the request wasn't going anywhere.  I monitored it with
etheral, and it never tried to hit the proxy or the downstream host.  I
turned on all the debug levels, but the log file didn't show me anything
meaningful.

I finally thought to add a "Save results to file" postprocessor.  When I
inspected the file, I found this:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Host may not be null
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.NTCredentials.<init>(NTCredentials.java:83
)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler2.setupConnection(HTT
PSampler2.java:274)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler2.sample(HTTPSampler2
.java:518)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSampl
erBase.java:658)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSampl
erBase.java:647)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

I looked at the code for HTTPSampler2, and it has this code:

------------
            if (PROXY_USER.length() > 0){
                httpClient.getState().setProxyCredentials(
                    new
AuthScope(PROXY_HOST,PROXY_PORT,null,AuthScope.ANY_SCHEME),
                    // NT Includes other types of Credentials
                    new NTCredentials(
                            PROXY_USER,
                            PROXY_PASS,
                            null, // "thishost",
                            "" // domain
                ));
            }

Re: Unable to get out through authenticated proxy

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Cut-n-Paste error ...

I'd have gone back further, and fixed it in 2.2 if I could ...

S.

RE: TPN POSSIBLE SPAM:Re: Unable to get out through authenticated proxy

Posted by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net>.
I don't control the service, or the user names that can access it.

For now, I temporarily whacked (hacking with abandon :) ) around this,
forcing it to send the original username.  Unfortunately, the connection
still times out.  I've been comparing this HttpClient usage with the
code that I know works, and I'm not sure yet what the relevant
difference is.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net>.

Posted by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net>.