Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <da...@Vex.Net> on 2015/02/12 15:40:01 UTC

[users@httpd] Getting better control with UserDir

I have a small ISP that does basic (~) web pages, virtual domains and
secure virtual domains.  I test with these URLs.

http://www.Vex.Net/~druid/
http://www.fyfb.com/~druid/
https://www.fyfb.com/~druid/

The host is www.Vex.Net.  The first works as expected.  The second
fails as expected.  The third, however, does not fail.  It brings up
the same thing as the first one after a certificate warning.  In fact,
that client has no certificate and thus no secure page so it is working
due to the _default_:443 entry.  It would be great if I could make that
fail but I have a feeling that that is just not possible.  However, I
think it should be possible to stop the '~' expansion.

I tried "UserDir disable" and setting it up in the Vex.Net VirtualHost
block.  While that prevents the third one from working it also prevents
the first from working.

Is there any magic recipe that will make Apache do what I want?

Cheers.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net