Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Janos Mucsi <mu...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/09 04:49:07 UTC

difference between reactor and multiproject

Hi
I just read through the tutorial on
http://wiki.codehaus.org/maven/CreatingEjbApplications
.

Now, I just successfully completed Maven setup that
builds a jar module, an ejb module, a war module and
an ear module. It works very well starting with the
reactor on the parent project as opposed to
multiproject.

Can somebody please summarize the difference between
multiproject and reactor? (I understand that the
reactor runs everything as opposed to the
multiproject???) Is multiproject a specialized
reactor?

Thanks.

Janos

Re: difference between reactor and multiproject

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
> Is multiproject a specialized
> reactor?

Yes, its just a friendlier interface if you don't want to do the scripting.

- Brett