Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com> on 2007/07/05 16:09:31 UTC

XSD Mojo Issue

Was wondering if one of the authors of the XSD mojo could fill me in on
something. Right now the plugin runs XJC multiple times if you supply
multiple schemas. However, this causes an issue for me. For some of the CXF
2.1 features we need to generate episode files. Episode files contain a list
of classes that were generated in a JAR, so if you have a future module
which references a schema which was already generated, you don't have to
regenerate those same classes [1].  The problem is this: if I run XJC
multiple times (i.e. once for policy2004.xsd and once for policy200607.xsd),
this file (/META-INF/sun-jaxb.episode) will get overwritten by the second
run.

Why are we running XJC multiple times? Why not just combine all the schemas
into just one run?

Also, is there any particular reason we don't use the actual Maven2 XJC
plugin from the JAXB project instead of maintaining our own?  I may just
switch the policy/security modules to use the other plugin as it solves my
episode file problem.

- Dan

1. http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/archive/2006/09/separate_compil.html

--