Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by John Gage <jg...@optonline.net> on 2003/07/31 17:18:49 UTC

Starting up James

The first time I started James I ran "run.sh".  That unpacked things
into the "James" folder.

Now, the only way I know to start James is to run "run.sh" again, but
that gives me the following WARNING

WARN    2003-07-31 11:08:22.444 [Phoenix.] (): The file
SAR-INF/environment.xml can not be extracted from the Sar
"file:/Library/Java/Extensions/james-2.1.3/apps/james.sar" into
directory
/Library/Java/Extensions/james-2.1.3/apps/james/SAR-INF/environment.xml
because there is a file in the way.

In other words, the script is trying to extract for james.sar each time
I run.  Presumably this behavior is unnecessary.  What should I do?  I
would note that James does run, so the problem is not a show stopper,
but it is not stylish.

John

RE: Starting up James

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> WARN    2003-07-31 11:08:22.444 [Phoenix.] (): The file
> SAR-INF/environment.xml can not be extracted from the Sar
> "file:/Library/Java/Extensions/james-2.1.3/apps/james.sar" into
> directory
/Library/Java/Extensions/james-2.1.3/apps/james/SAR-INF/environment.xml
> because there is a file in the way.

That is normal.  Ignore it.

	--- Noel

Re: Starting up James

Posted by John Gage <jg...@optonline.net>.
Thanks.  That answers my question, and your point is preeminently valid.

John

RE: Starting up James

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
John,