Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Anuj Kumar <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/02 19:36:49 UTC

Resource Initialization Exception with PEAR file

Hi All,

I have created an aggregate analysis engine that combines more than one
primitive engines. The aggregate engine works fine if I load it using the
Visual Debugger but, if I generate a PEAR file out of it and try to install
that PEAR file, it gives ResourceInitializationException using the PEAR
installer. The stack trace is-

Verification of TestAggregateAnnotator  failed =>
 org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: The class
test.SpanAnnotator is not a valid Analysis Component.  You must specify an
Annotator, CAS Consumer, Collection Reader, or CAS Multiplier. If you are
calling ResourceManager.setExtensionClassPath, this error can also be caused
if you have put UIMA framework jar files on the extension classpath, which
is not allowed. (Descriptor:
file:/C:/OpenSourceContributions/TestAggregateAnnotator/desc/SpanAnnotator.xml)
at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initializeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:214)
at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initialize(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:155)
at
org.apache.uima.impl.AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.produceResource(AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.java:94)
at
org.apache.uima.impl.CompositeResourceFactory_impl.produceResource(CompositeResourceFactory_impl.java:62)
at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework.java:267)
at
org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(UIMAFramework.java:361)
at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.asb.impl.ASB_impl.setup(ASB_impl.java:254)
at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.initASB(AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.java:431)
at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.initializeAggregateAnalysisEngine(AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.java:375)
at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.initialize(AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.java:185)
at
org.apache.uima.impl.AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.produceResource(AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.java:94)
at
org.apache.uima.impl.CompositeResourceFactory_impl.produceResource(CompositeResourceFactory_impl.java:62)
at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework.java:267)
at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework.java:312)
at
org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(UIMAFramework.java:392)
at
org.apache.uima.pear.tools.InstallationTester.testAnalysisEngine(InstallationTester.java:218)
at
org.apache.uima.pear.tools.InstallationTester.doTest(InstallationTester.java:113)
at
org.apache.uima.pear.tools.InstallationController.verifyComponentInstallation(InstallationController.java:1110)
at
org.apache.uima.pear.tools.InstallationController.verifyComponent(InstallationController.java:1993)
at
org.apache.uima.tools.pear.install.InstallPear.installPear(InstallPear.java:389)
at
org.apache.uima.tools.pear.install.InstallPear.access$000(InstallPear.java:80)
at
org.apache.uima.tools.pear.install.InstallPear$RunInstallation.run(InstallPear.java:109)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I am using eclipse based plugin of UIMA to run the Visual Debugger and to
generate/install the PEAR file. It works with the Visual Debugger, so I
guess something is going wrong while generating the PEAR file but I am not
sure.

What might be the problem?

Please let me know, in case you need more details.

Thanks,
Anuj

Re: Resource Initialization Exception with PEAR file

Posted by Anuj Kumar <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marshall,

Thanks for your reply. I am selecting the right descriptor i.e. the
aggregate analysis engine. The JAR is not present in the classpath but the
bin directory is present that contains the descriptor class. That should
also work right?

I still see the same issue. I will try to clean up some time later today and
see if there are some class conflicts due to which the verifier fails to
load the descriptor class. Is there a way to just open up the PEAR file and
play around by it and repackage without using the eclipse plugin? Any
utility like zip?

Thanks,
Anuj

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.