Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Ioan Eugen Stan <ie...@netdava.com> on 2017/06/01 13:24:57 UTC

unable to edit resources in Webdav mount via Nautilus

Hello,

I'm using the latest sling-launchpad 9 snapshot version
org.apache.sling.launchpad-9-20170531.170627-12089.jar in a local
application. I mounted the JCR repository as a Webdav filesystem in
Nautilus.

I authenticated in Nautilus with dav://admin@localhost:8080/ and admin
password.

I can add resources and copy files into Sling/JCR repo and I can also
replace content, but I can't rename, edit files or move them around.

Is this a limitation/bug in Sling/JCR a configuration issue with Sling
JCR or shoul I check the webdav client (Nautilus)?

Thanks,

Re: unable to edit resources in Webdav mount via Nautilus

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Eugen,

On Thu, 2017-06-01 at 16:24 +0300, Ioan Eugen Stan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using the latest sling-launchpad 9 snapshot version
> org.apache.sling.launchpad-9-20170531.170627-12089.jar in a local
> application. I mounted the JCR repository as a Webdav filesystem in
> Nautilus.
>
> I authenticated in Nautilus with dav://admin@localhost:8080/ and
> admin
> password.
>
> I can add resources and copy files into Sling/JCR repo and I can also
> replace content, but I can't rename, edit files or move them around.
>
> Is this a limitation/bug in Sling/JCR a configuration issue with
> Sling
> JCR or shoul I check the webdav client (Nautilus)?

TBH I don't know :-) I don't usually work with Sling via WebDAV, but I
would try:

- another DAV client ( cadaver should work IIRC )
- checking Sling logs for any errors which might indicate a fault in
Sling

Thanks,

Robert