Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Kai-ssi <pr...@ssi-schaefer-noell.com> on 2008/08/25 12:03:34 UTC

Re: Non standart characters in computer name block activemq

I have a similar problem with activemq-5.2-20080803.231633-26 and the kaha
store. An object message from the client "meißen" works fine until it will
bre read from the kaha store. The broker says:

The client says:
ERROR 2008-08-21 12:14:10.906       AbstractStoreCursor - Failed to fill
batch
java.io.IOException: Failed to read to journal for: offset = 4770274, file =
9, size = 2317, type = 0. Reason: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: bad string
  at
org.apache.activemq.util.IOExceptionSupport.create(IOExceptionSupport.java:33)
  at
org.apache.activemq.store.amq.AMQPersistenceAdapter.createReadException(AMQPersistenceAdapter.java:637)
Caused by: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: bad string
  at
org.apache.activemq.util.DataByteArrayInputStream.readUTF(DataByteArrayInputStream.java:286)
  at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.v3.BaseDataStreamMarshaller.looseUnmarshalString(BaseDataStreamMarshaller.java:572)

The client says:
ERROR 2008-08-21 12:14:20.593 ehouseMessageReceiverImpl
- Could not create consumer for internal SAL queue: DataWarehouseManag
er! Problem: javax.jms.JMSException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.io.IOException: Failed to read to journal for: offset = 4770274, file =
9, size = 2317,
 type = 0. Reason: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: bad string
javax.jms.JMSException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException:
Failed to read to journal for: offset = 4770274, file = 9, size = 2317, type
= 0. Re
ason: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: bad string
  at
org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:49)

The problem is, that the produce gets no error message at all and it was
difficult to find out which message corrupts the kaha store, which now
blocks all messages not only messages from "meißen".
The environment is a Windows 2003 Server and a Windows XP client.