Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "cbertu81@libero.it" <cb...@libero.it> on 2011/02/14 22:18:01 UTC

Backend application for Cassandra

Hi all,
I've build a web application using Cassandra.
Data are stored in order to be quickly red/sorted due to my web-app needs.
Everything is working quite good.
Now the big "problem" is that the "other side" of my company needs to create
reports over these data and the query they need to do would be very "heavy" in
terms of client-side complexity.
I'd like to know if you have any tips that may help ... I've red something
about Kundera and Lucandra but I don't know these could be solutions ...

Did you already face problems like this? Could you suggest any valid
product/solution?
I've heard (team-mates) some tips like "export all your CF into a relational
model and query it" ... and I behaved like i didn't hear it :)

TIA for any help

Best Regards

Carlo

Re: Backend application for Cassandra

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Jaspersoft.com make reporting tools that claim no work with Cassandra. Have not used them myself.

It will depend on what the reports are and how big your data is, though Pig may be the best bet.

Posted by Michal Augustýn <au...@gmail.com>.
Hi,