Posted to community@apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2002/10/30 12:05:31 UTC

ApacheCon & Jakarta (was committers repos)

Henri Yandell wrote:
> Another question to the community, will ApacheCon contain more in the way
> of Java project talks in the future? I'd always ignored ApacheCon
> information as in years passed Apache meant httpd to me. Looking at the
> upcoming one, there seem to be only two talks which would appeal to
> Jakarta as a community and both are quite vague and Tomcat focused.

Here are the sessions I see that are Jakarta related:

TU02 - Cocoon (its Java afterall!)

TU06 - abstract says Jetspeed

TU14 - this is me and Ant :) - and not Tomcat related at all

TU16 - I'm bummed because this one is while I'm speaking, but its on
Axis, which is Java.

WE02 - BSF, again, very Java related

WE06 - What is more Jakarta than Struts and Craig McClanahan?  :)

WE08 - Xerces-J

WE16 - Tomcat

TH02 - Turbine

TH06 - Commercial software and Jakarta

TH13 - LDAP, but it mentions Java in the categories

TH20 - Tomcat and Security

TH22 - Looks Java/Axis-centric to me

> There are some xml ones which might be of interest to the community.

Yes, lots of XML above, but all seem quite relevant to most Jakarta
folks, I think.

So it seems Jakarta is much better represented than one might think just
from the talk titles (I drilled into each one to get the list above).

See you there?!  :)

	Erik