Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> on 2016/04/22 16:49:58 UTC

Outdated mesos staging repositories in Nexus

Hi,

I noticed in https://repository.apache.org/#stagingRepositories

there are multiple outdated Mesos staging repositories, e.g.

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemesos-1122/ (0.24.2)
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemesos-1128/ (0.26.1)

To me this seems to indicate an ongoing release vote.

However the latest published release in
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/mesos/mesos/

is 0.28.1 - and 0.24.2 and 0.26.1 are also published.

Would it be in order to Drop these repositories?

BTW - I also noticed you published release candidate versions like
http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/mesos/mesos/0.26.1-rc3/

to Maven Central - which is a bit confusing to me - as I can't see the
"-rc" versions on
http://mesos.apache.org/downloads/

Are these official releases?

See http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#host-rc

BTW:

0.28.1 is not listed on http://mesos.apache.org/downloads/

And the download links for 0.28.0 there does not work:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/mirrors/mirrors.cgi/mesos/0.28.0/

just sends me to the top of the mirror, e.g. http://apache.mirror.anlx.net/

I believe the link should be like this:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/mesos/0.28.1/mesos-0.28.1.tar.gz

I suggested both fixes in https://github.com/apache/mesos/pull/97

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: Outdated mesos staging repositories in Nexus

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.
Thanks Stian for bringing this up.

Looks like the release managers for the releases are not properly dropping
the RC repos :(

The release managers use a script (./support/release.sh) that automates
some of the steps but it doesn't automate the maven/nexus parts
unfortunately. It just spits out a log line "please release the staging
repo", but that could be easily missed by the release managers.

Would be great if you or someone can send a PR that can automate the maven
parts in vote.sh script.

I'll drop the stale staging repos for now.

Thanks for the PR for the website, btw. We will get that fixed.