Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Robert Young <bu...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/22 11:26:15 UTC

OR searches possible?

Hi,

Is it possible to put together OR searches through a Nutch plugin?

I have read that Nutch does not support ORing search terms
together[1], it only supports an implied AND between search terms. I
was wondering if it is possible to get a little closer to the building
of the Lucene query (and allow this behaviour) via a Nutch plugin?

Thanks
Rob

Re: OR searches possible?

Posted by Doğacan Güney <do...@gmail.com>.
On 6/22/07, Robert Young <bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to put together OR searches through a Nutch plugin?
>
> I have read that Nutch does not support ORing search terms
> together[1], it only supports an implied AND between search terms. I
> was wondering if it is possible to get a little closer to the building
> of the Lucene query (and allow this behaviour) via a Nutch plugin?

Andrzej Bialecki is working on this - see NUTCH-479.

--
Doğacan Güney