Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by jobin wilson <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/05 06:36:16 UTC

Gaussian Mixture Model for Fuzzy Clustering

Hi All,

i am trying to use Mahout's clustering capabilities to do soft clustering
on multidimensional data. I was wondering if there are any plans for
implementing GMM in similar lines with fuzzy-K means as a separate
clustering algorithm?
The Jira on EM implementation(MAHOUT-28) seems to be closed since EM is
more of a general concept.Is there any easy tweak that is available to do
GMM using Mahout?

Thanks & Regards
Jobin Wilson

Re: Gaussian Mixture Model for Fuzzy Clustering

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.
Not currently afaik. But i was contemplating adding  gmm em for some time
and maybe i will.