Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sachin Gupta <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/02 22:45:51 UTC

SVG multi-page printing

Hi,

I am using PrintTranscoder to print SVG document.
If the view is small it is working fine. But if the view is large which
spans over multiple pages view gets shrinked to single page.

Actually the problem is to print large image over multiple pages rather then
shrinking it to the size of the page and then printing.

Regards,
Sachin

Re: SVG multi-page printing

Posted by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sachin,

> Actually the problem is to print large image over multiple pages rather then
> shrinking it to the size of the page and then printing.

Actually, this seems to be somehow answered by Thomas though his hint
towards the area of interest concept (in a recent, tightly related
thread). So it seems like ideally this would be handled by doing some
maths with the desired views prior to sending for print. Aside from
this "trick" (?), it's possible that Java may have functionality to
make this easier (BTW, I don't have any expertize in this area), but
this can be better asked in a general Java forum. Note that sending a
whole document at once for printing over several pages may increase
the memory requirements for your application, the area of interest
seems to be a better approach here. Also, while/if implementing this
feature, please consider contributing it to the Batik framework so
others may benefit from it. ;-)

> Regards,
> Sachin

Hope this helps,