Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2005/03/27 12:29:28 UTC

future for maven generated websites?

does anyone have a plan to cope with rebuilding maven based websites
when shell access is switched off to the machine serving the website?

will we be able to run regular maven site regeneration on a
jakarta.apache.org partition?

- robert

Re: future for maven generated websites?

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
I believe you're really talking about deployment, rather than
generation. I doubt that any changes will be needed in generation
itself. The current hand-wavy answer on updating web sites when shell
accounts go away is "WebDAV". I'm not sure if anyone has thought this
through yet, though - when I asked for more detail, the answer was
essentially "dunno yet". So I guess we'll have to wait and see,
although if you have suggestions / want to keep up to date,
infrastructure@ is the place to be.

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de>.
FYI, it does show up. Thanks, good job, folks!

	Regards
		Henning

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 20:07 +0200, Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
> Just deployed an update to the Turbine site; I'm sitting tight to see
> whether it will show up or not.
>
> 	Regards
> 		Henning
>
> On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 00:35 -0500, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > > does anyone have a plan to cope with rebuilding maven based
> > > websites when shell access is switched off to the machine
> > > serving the website?
> >
> > Yes.  And in the meantime, just update minotaur, and the site will be
> > synched to the live server.  Which also means that we have a backup of the
> > live site if the web server were to crash.
> >
> > 	--- Noel

      RedHat Certified Engineer -- Jakarta Turbine Development
   Linux, Java, perl, Solaris -- Consulting, Training, Engineering

"Now you can start with implementation and integration and do the
requirements later".  -- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Manfred Broy about the new
german federal software development standard "V-Model XT"
(found at http://de.biz.yahoo.com/050207/299/4en0t.html)

RE: future for maven generated websites?

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.